Thursday 18 April 2013

LibraryThing - is it my Thing??

My line manager had been talking about LibraryThing for a long time and I thought it would be a great thing to do seeing as I'm a cataloguer and I catalogue books. However when it came to LibraryThing in the end I wasn't so sure if I was keen about it and didn't actually look at it properly. I probably wasn't keen because I read a lot of trash fiction and even more recently I've got a Kindle so I tend to download any free book which isn't that high brow at all. So I think LibraryThing will just show up my pretty bad reading preferences.

However I thought I should give it a go to find out how I get on, and now using it I quite like it, I like it even more because some times I forget what I've read of where I've got to with a series and so this would easily tell me what I have actually read. At the moment I rely on my Public Library record telling me what I've read.

I then also tried to see if my books had been read by less than 10 people, sadly the lowest I could get to was 12 - so not bad and that was with a free Kindle book Alice Parker's Metamorphosis (Book 1 of the new adventure series for children).

So here it is my LibraryThing collection... well this is a small listing of things I've read. This was more for playing reasons so now I'll have to start putting on other things I've read - with covers which do not resemble Mills and Boon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment