Tuesday 12 March 2013

Tagxedo - not easy for me to spell...

This is a fab tool, I took my blog URL and put it into Tagxedo and had a go using that first which was fine, but it brought up words like "really" or "time" which I didn't really want to have in my word cloud, but this is what it looked like. I liked the fact that I could make it into any shape I like and change the colours and font to suit what I wanted it for.


I then decided I wanted to do a cloud which I thought represented who I am, so I put in words into the "Enter Text" box like "Emma, knitting, cycling" and then I played around with the colour and font until I came up with something which represented me. Not sure why I was going with it representing me, but I thought it was a good way to start learning. I then decided to make mine into the shape of an apple, my family laugh at me as one day I came out and said "I love apples" so this seemed to be a really good shape to play with! I like Tagxedo as you only have to put a word in once but it repeats the word many times within the cloud, which if you look at Wordle it doesn't do that. This is what my Emma cloud looks like...
I want to now explore how I make the shape of my cloud into a shape I supply - such as my face - would that work? I'll soon find out and I'll have fun whilst finding out! On another note, I really enjoyed playing with this, but I'm not sure what I would use it for, I can see for work they're probably really good and very eye catching in poster form. I think it might be just something I play with rather than use for work!

3 comments:

  1. I love Tagxedo; your Emma cloud is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it too, and I like how I can play around with the shape and things. I really the font I used in Emma cloud - I've been playing with other options too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely inviting illustrations. I like it and it makes me want to try and do personalised cloud too. Perhaps in the shape of a cat or a basket.

    Barbrooara

    ReplyDelete