Friday 1 February 2013

Karma

On my way to work today I was flagged down by another cyclist. It was pouring with rain and I was slowly making my way to the gym before work! I stopped and it turned out that his pump wasn't working and he had just replace his inner tube. It seemed this inner tube was then faulty, and so he asked if I had time for him to fix his puncture. As I was on the way to the gym I had all the time in the world, but then again thinking on this I would have probably stopped and waited even if it meant being late to work as I'd never leave someone stranded. So he fixed his puncture (in record time it seemed too!!) and we were then both on our way, me to the gym and he had just finished work so was probably going home for a cuppa.

So now, because I've done a good deed will something good happen to me? If you've ever seen the TV series My Name is Earl, after winning some money he decides to right all the wrongs he has done in his life, and he thinks of this as Karma. So will I get home and my husband has made the dinner????? Will I find a £10 note on the street? (although this did happen to me last month I think) so maybe it's reverse Karma, because I've already had that £10 I did something good.

Either way I'm happy in the knowledge that the cyclist got home because I helped. At the end of the day do I believe in Karma? Do I believe just because I've done a good deed something good will happen to me? Not really, but just like playing the lottery some times I just hope that something good will happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment